Holiday Events in Las Vegas & Henderson
Christmas Lights, Shows, & Special Events
As the holiday season is rapidly approaching we have put together this blog to give you an overview and dates on some of the best events in the valley! Celebrate the season and enjoy these holiday events in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV.
1. Ethel M Holiday Cactus Garden – Ethel M Chocolate Factory turns their botanical cactus garden into a winter wonderland. Opening night for the Ethel M Holiday Cactus Garden is November 10th at 5:00 pm. This is a must see for locals and tourists alike. Almost a million twinkling lights, inflatables and other holiday decorations are draped over the 3 acre cactus garden. They will have performances by local choirs and there will be visits from Santa Claus. Don’t forget to stop in the gift store to start your holiday shopping. They offer holiday themed chocolates in beautiful gift packaging. FREE ADMISSION
Lights: On Nightly, 5pm to 10pm – November 11th – January 1st.
Factory & Chocolate Shoppe: Open daily 8:30am to 10pm
Visits from Santa Claus: Friday – Sunday till Christmas 5pm to 9pm
Dates: November 11th, 2015 – Jan 1, 2016
Performance by local Choirs: Friday – Sunday 6pm to 8pm
Ethel M Chocolate Factory is located at 2 Cactus Garden Dr. in Henderson, NV off Sunset Rd and Mountain Vista St.
See what clients are saying about The Sales Team! Client Testimonials
2. Glittering Lights at the Las Vegas Speedway – The glittering lights at the Las Vegas speedway is considered the largest Christmas light show in Nevada boasting millions of lights and animated displays. The drive is 2.5 miles and the cost is $20.00 a car. Enjoy new and old displays as you take in the glittering NASCAR scene and the Avenue of Trees.
When: November 13th, 2015 – January 3, 2016
Time: Sunday through Thursday 5:30 – 9 p.m.
Friday, Saturday and Holidays 5:30 – 10 p.m.
Cost: $20 per car
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
7000 Las Vegas Blvd. N, Las Vegas, NV 89115
3. The Magical Forest at Opportunity Village – Celebrate the holidays with a visit to The Magical Forest, one of Southern Nevada’s special holiday traditions. Enjoy millions of twinkling lights, sparkling displays and beautifully decorated trees. Enjoy entertainment, food/beverages, a passenger train, mini golf, a carousel, games, photos with Santa and many special events throughout the season. Adult tickets are $11.99 and children ages 3-12 are $9.99. These prices do not include attractions and rides, passport tickets are available. All proceeds from the Magical Forest benefit Opportunity Village.
The Magical Forest is open nightly November 20th, 2015 – January 3, 2016 Sunday – Thursday: 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm Friday & Saturday: 5:30 pm – 10:00 pm. Parking is free and the Forest is located at 6300 W. Oakey Blvd.
Search the MLS for Las Vegas and Henderson homes! Advanced Home Search
4. Sam’s Town Mystic Falls – Sam’s Town transforms their indoor park into a winter wonderland for the holiday season. Enjoy sparkling lights, a 30 ft decorated tree, Christmas music and a laser light show. Santa will also be on site Thursdays- Sundays from 4:00pm to 8:00 pm. Mystic Falls is open 24 hours a day and is free.
Sams Town is located at 5111 Boulder Highway, Las Vegas, NV.
5. Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens- The Bellagio transforms their Conservatory and Botanical Gardens into an amazing holiday spectacle. You will be surrounded by stunning displays of twinkling lights, larger than life snow globes, poinsettias, polar bears, shimmering giant ornaments and a 42 ft. decorated tree. Enjoy live music performances and be sure to visit the Bellagio fountains for a dancing water show in sync with classic holiday tunes. The conservatory is free and is open from December 4th through January 3. The Bellagio is located at 3600 Las Vegas Blvd. South.
Most of the casinos and malls on and off the Strip decorate for the holiday season and have many holiday events and attractions. The Cosmopolitan on the strip transforms their pool into an outdoor ice skating rink featuring snow showers, fire pits, smores, warm beverages and cocktails. The majority of the Las Vegas shows incorporate the holiday season into their productions.
6. Henderson Winterfest- The city of Henderson will host it’s annual Winterfest December 10-12 at the Henderson Events Plaza and Henderson Convention Center. The event will feature a variety of family-friendly activities including an official tree lighting ceremony with Santa Claus, gingerbread house displays, roaming performances and an evening light parade. Admission is free and the events center is located at 200 Water Street, in the Water Street District.
Thursday, December 10th – 7pm
Friday, December 11th – 6pm to 9pm
Saturday, December 12th- Noon to 8pm *Evening Light Parade – 5pm*
7. Boulder City’s Santa’s Electric Night Parade – Boulder City will host it’s annual Santa’s Electric Night Parade on December 5th at 4:30 pm. Come celebrate the holidays in downtown Boulder City and enjoy festive lights, floats, entertainment and Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
8. Lake Mead Parade of Lights – Take a drive to Lake Mead on December 5th to enjoy their annual Lake Mead Parade of Lights. There will be approximately 50 decorated boats from 16 feet to 75 feet that will parade along the shore of Boulder Beach from Lake Mead Marina to the Hemenway launch ramp and returning to the Lake Mead Marina. The parade starts at 6:30 pm.
This is just a small portion of the holiday events in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. If you have any questions or would like additional information on any of these events give us a call at 702-845-5348.
Best Regards and happy holidays,
The Sales Team